People of Note
- Dan Dickerson, Detroit Tigers broadcaster
- Henry Ford, who maintained a summer home and weekend cottage on Main Street. The building still stands today. Ford also owned a mill which operated on the water from what is now called "Mill Pond" in Clarkston. This building still exists in part but has been modernized into a small mall which includes art galleries and office space. He also paid to have the original city sewer system built.
- Kid Rock, musician
- David Simko, former NASCAR Cup Series driver
- Dane Fife, Michigan State assistant basketball coach
- Valerie Bertinelli, actress
- Daniel Travis, actor
- Nick Foles, Kansas City Chiefs quarterback
- Stan Van Gundy, Detroit Pistons head coach
Places of Interest
Notable places of interest in Clarkston include The Clarkston Union Bar & Kitchen and The Union Woodshop, both of which have been featured on the Food Network show Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives, where both restaurants were part of Kid Rock's Detroit Tour with show host Guy Fieri.
Other notable locations include Pine Knob Ski and Snowboard Resort as well as the DTE Energy Music Theatre, which has been home to famous musical tours, such as the Rockstar Mayhem Festival, as well as graduation for local Clarkston High School. Within driving distance is also Great Lakes Crossing Outlets, the The Palace of Auburn Hills, and The Henry Ford Museum.